East-North Vent Shaft
The East North ventilation shaft has been completed and commissioned. Strong progress has been made during the learning curve for sinking and vertical development has advanced over 260 feet from surface.
Up next: Continue to sink shaft while meeting scheduled development targets. Set up the Alimak mining method at the bottom of the East North Ventilation shaft to begin excavation of the bottom 300 feet and the loading pockets. Surface Works Excellent progress has been made on the surface process plant as follows:
- SAG mill foundation has been completed and the pedestal rebar is being installed
- The regrind mill foundations have been set and poured
- Conduits for the Ball, SAG, Regrind mills have been completed
- Water tank has been formed and concrete poured
- Conduit and initial concrete slab have been completed for the Thickener Tank
- Equipment procurement is over 60% complete.
Additionally, the tender process for the administration and change room building is complete and we are entering into final negotiations.
The detailed requests for quotations have been issued to multiple firms for the paste backfill plant.
Up next: Completion of engineering works and the majority of equipment procurement. Additional foundation works for the process plant. Commencement of construction of the admin/dry building. Receipt of bids for the paste backfill plant.