1) Bill Holter says the crash is happening now. Ignore at your own risk.
2) Global debt is about $250 trillion. Markets might crash, but the debt remains. Expect defaults and hyper-inflation within several years.
3) Global central banks are withdrawing liquidity from economies. The stock markets know and respond by falling.
4) The NASDAQ 100 and FAANG stocks—the strongest—have rolled over and broken long-term upward trend lines. This parallels what happened in 2000 and 2007. Oops!
5) The ratio of the NASDAQ 100 to the S&P 500 Index has rolled over.
6) P/E ratios for FAANG stocks are high and have been much higher. Their stocks are correcting. More downside lies ahead.
7) The ratio of the broader Russell 2000 to the DOW rolled over long ago. Most stocks are weaker than the indices suggest.
8) NYSE new highs minus new lows peaked in January and have been negative since September.
· The risk of a crash or extended correction is large. The potential reward from additional stock market gains looks tiny or long gone.
· Prices, charts, P/E ratios and other ratios support this analysis. Most stocks, indices and ratios have rolled over.
· One of the best markets to buy NOW is silver. It has been weak since 2011 and is due for a rally. Cost of production is near current prices. Investor demand could rocket higher. Consider this chart showing the (weekly data) ratio of silver prices to the NASDAQ 100 Index.