Establishing an IRA
Miles Franklin Ltd. has partnered with New Direction IRA to provide our customers with a fast, simple method to set up a self-directed Precious Metals IRA online.
Miles Franklin’s partnership with New Direction IRA makes it easy to:
- Move funds from existing retirement accounts
- Make contributions/deposits or rollovers online
- Set up insured storage at a precious metals depository
- Buy or Sell Precious Metals within your self-directed IRA
- Access your online account 24/7
Setting up a self-directed IRA is easy. Click here to start the process. Or, if you prefer to handle things the old-fashioned way, just call your Miles Franklin Ltd. broker at 800-822-8080 and we’ll be happy to help.
Here’s how the process works:
- Complete and submit the IRA custodian supplied paperwork for the creation of your self-directed IRA.
- Fund the account by completing the proper forms to transfer funds from your existing IRA or Qualified Retirement Plan.
- Direct your Miles Franklin broker to purchase precious metals for your IRA account.
- Direct funds to be transferred to Miles Franklin from your New Direction IRA account.
- Once funds are received from your self-directed IRA, the metals are delivered to your designated depository and the IRA investment is complete.*
*Annual storage fees do apply. Consult with the IRA custodian for fee schedules.
Before You Get Started
Please have the following information ready to begin the application and investment process:
- Your legal name, date of birth, social security number, and physical address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your chosen beneficiary’s information, including name, date of birth, address, and social security number (you may elect to designate your beneficiary at a later time by selecting the appropriate box)
- Determine the type of tax-deferred account to open (Traditional, Roth, SEP, 401(k), etc.)
- Determine the dollar amount to be transferred, rolled over, or contributed
- A copy of your current IRA or retirement plan statement if you are transferring into the IRA
- The information for your current IRA custodian or plan administrator including their physical address, phone number/fax number, and your account number
- Your credit card number with card security code and expiration date or a blank check (if you are choosing to pay your account establishment fees by credit card or electronic check online)