Are you ready to experience one of the year’s top conferences?
Plus, why wait?
Make Vancouver your summer wonderland vacation this year!
Recently a friend asked me point blank, why do people attend conferences? I didn’t hesitate to respond.
Our Sprott Vancouver Natural Resource Symposium is a perfect example.
It’s a great place to meet and hear from the best experts, and you won’t find them gathered together like this anywhere else on the planet.
And on top of that, there’s no event that puts together the amount of quality companies you’ll find here.
Plus, in between listening to cutting-edge ideas and research from the industry’s top experts and mingling with likeminded guests and investors…
You’ll have the chance to enjoy Canada’s best city and all it has to offer.
Over the course of four exciting, action-packed days, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from our hand-picked experts – selected by Rick Rule, our returning host and Symposium chairman, and his team.
Here’s a birds-eye view of what you can expect:
Special closed-door sessions will begin at 8 a.m. on July 25, in the heart of downtown Vancouver at the historic Fairmont Hotel.
- You’ll find out about investment opportunities in mining and other natural resource plays… opportunities that you likely won’t hear about anywhere else…
- And you’ll rub shoulders with self-made millionaires (and even one or more billionaires)…
Plus, you’ll get information on commodities prices, market trends and stocks… and hear presentations from the likes of:
- Spencer Abraham — Former Secretary of Energy and Chairman of Uranium Energy Corp.
- Matt Badiali – Editor of Matt Badiali’s Real Wealth Strategist, a monthly advisory focused on investments in energy, metals, and other natural resources.
- Doug Casey – Renowned author, publisher and professional investor who is best known as the founder and chairman of Casey Research.
- Brent Cook – Author of the investment letter Exploration Insights and an economic geologist and mining analyst.
- Eric Coffin – Editor of the HRA (Hard Rock Analyst) family of publications, and responsible for the “financial analysis” side.
- Edward C. Coyne – Executive Vice-President of Sprott Asset Management USA, Inc. since January of 2016.
- Eric Fry – Co-founder and co-editor of Beyond the Dollar, a publication that showcases undervalued opportunities outside the dollar.
- Peter Grosskopf – CEO & Director of Sprott, Inc.; CEO of Sprott Resource Lending Corp.; and President of Sprott Consulting.
- Louis James – Managing Editor of the International Speculator and Casey Investment Alert.
- Marin Katusa – President of Katusa Research, an independent research firm focused on natural resource stock investments.
- John Kaiser – operates Kaiser Research Online, an information portal that covers resource juniors and he is also the founder of The Share Collective.
- Byron King – In 2016, he helped launch Jim Rickards’ Gold Speculator with Byron King, focusing on small-cap mining ideas in the new gold-silver monetary cycle.
- Jason Mayer – Senior Portfolio Manager at Sprott Asset Management; he joined Sprott Asset Management LP in November 2012.
- Gwen Preston – Founder of Resource Maven, a publication offering independent analysis of the resource markets.
- Robert A. Quartermain – Chairman and CEO of Pretivm Resources with over 40 years of global experience in geology, exploration and development.
- Trey Reik – Senior Portfolio Manager, Sprott Asset Management USA, Inc.
- Jim Rickards – Editor of Strategic Intelligence and Rickards’ Gold Speculator, plus he’s the author of three national bestsellers, Currency Wars (2011), The Death of Money (2014), and his latest, The New Case for Gold (2016).
- Rick Rule – President and CEO of Sprott U.S. Holdings Inc., recognized by The Mining Journal as one of the 10 most influential people in mining. Rick is our personal host and the returning Symposium chairman.
- Steve Sjuggerud – his True Wealth and True Wealth Systems are read by over 50,000 paid subscribers each month, and his DailyWealth e-letter goes out to 500,000 readers every day.
- David Stockman – is the former Budget Director under President Ronald Reagan; a two term Congressman; and the best-selling author of TRUMPED! A Nation on the Brink of Ruin and How to Bring it Back.
- Christopher Whalen – Investment banker, author and Senior Managing Director and Head of Research at Kroll Bond Rating Agency. He’s a contributor to Zero Hedge, American Banker, Housing Wire and The National Interest.
- Grant Williams – Editor of Things That Make You Go Hmmm…, one of the most popular and widely-read financial publications in the world. You’re sure to enjoy his blend of history, humor and keen financial insight.
That’s just the beginning…
We’ve also confirmed leading experts and executives in the resource sector and I’ll introduce you to a few of them in a moment…
But first, there’s something else I want you to know…
Rick Rule and his team vet every exhibitor before they come to the Symposium. They are invited on a performance basis – he knows the executives personally and Sprott has invested in every listed exhibitor.
Rick genuinely believes that they are among the best at what they do.
It’s important to note that each of these exhibitors are owned in Sprott-managed accounts, so while they may not succeed as speculations, Rick and the Sprott team have studied them all.
Rick’s mission for the Symposium is much different than anything you’ve ever seen or experienced.
His allegiance is to the attendees—not to a sponsor waving a check.
In other words, our exhibitors aren’t just advertisers. They’re content.
You’ll have an opportunity to meet and interact with them. In fact, our attendees tell us that getting acquainted with these hand-picked companies and their executives – and mingling with them at our social events – is one of their favorite parts of our Symposium.
For example, you’ll get a chance to learn from and listen to:
- Adrian Day – Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Adrian Day Asset Management, considered a pioneer in promoting the benefits of global investing.
- Robert Friedland – Executive Chairman and a director of Ivanhoe Mines; Chairman, President and CEO of Ivanhoe Capital Corporation; and an inductee into the Toronto-based Canadian Mining Hall of Fame in 2016.
- For more than 25 years, international financier Robert Friedland has been recognized by leaders of the international financial sector and mineral resource industries as an entrepreneurial explorer, technology innovator and company builder. Mr. Friedland has successfully developed a portfolio of respected public and private companies whose initiatives have led to several of the world’s most significant mineral discoveries and mine developments, applications of disruptive technologies and contributions to significant economic growth in established and emerging markets in Asia, the Asia Pacific Region, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Americas.
Mr. Friedland’s enterprise and leadership gained prominent, industry recognition in January 2016 when he was inducted into the prestigiousCanadian Mining Hall of Fame. The citation acknowledged his company-building and exploration achievements, honouring him as “a dynamic, transformative force in the Canadian and international mining industries” and“one of the most recognized mining personalities and achievers in the world”.Mr. Friedland said at the ceremony that he shared the honour with several teams of dedicated individuals whose efforts with his companies during the past 30 years had contributed to a series of notable discoveries and new mines. Housed at the University of Toronto, the Hall of Fame is featured in the Treasures from Earth galleries at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto
In May 2017, Mr. Friedland received a Lifetime Achievement Award during the Canadian Mining Symposium at Canada House in London, England — a career recognition by the Northern Miner, the century-old flagship of Canada’s leading mining-industry media group.
· From its founding in 1994, the Ivanhoe Mines enterprise brand has evolved as Mr. Friedland’s pre-eminent, publicly traded flagship for international mining and mineral exploration. He has served variously as the company’s Executive Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. Between 1996 and 2012, the inaugural Ivanhoe Mines and its subsidiaries conducted or participated in mining operations in Mongolia, Australia, China, Myanmar, South Korea and Fiji, and built a large shareholder base through listings on North America’s Toronto, New York and NASDAQ stock exchanges.
In 1998, Mr. Friedland founded Ivanplats to advance mineral prospects in Sub-Saharan Africa. As Executive Chairman, Mr. Friedland led Ivanplats’ successful initial public offering in 2012 that raised CDN$306 million (US$308 million) from international investors. It was the largest Canadian mining IPO in more than two years. Ivanplats subsequently assumed the ‘Ivanhoe Mines’ name in a strategic corporate alignment in 2013 as the company was structuring an organization to manage its three concurrent mine development projects and ongoing exploration programs. Mr. Friedland is Executive Chairman of the successor Ivanhoe Mines, a renewed and refocused explorer and mine builder whose shares trade on Canada’s Toronto Stock Exchange and the OTCQX Best Market in the United States.
o Today, construction is underway on Ivanhoe’s 64%-owned Platreef state-of-the-art, underground platinum-palladium-gold-nickel-copper mine on the company’s tier-one Flatreef discovery in South Africa’s renowned Bushveld Complex, where established mines already produce more than 70% of the world’s annual platinum output. South African black-economic-empowerment partners hold a 26% stake in the Platreef Project and 10% is held by a Japanese consortium led by Itochu Corp. and including the Japanese government’s Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation, ITC Platinum Development and JGC Corporation.
o In the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ivanhoe Mines and its joint-venture partner Zijin Mining Group, of China, are developing the tier-one Kamoa–Kakula Project – now independently ranked as the largest copper discovery in the history of mining on the African continent and the world’s largest high-grade copper discovery. Initial construction of the planned Kansoko Mine is underway at one of the project’s two deposits; ongoing exploration drilling is significantly expanding identified resources at the Kakula Deposit. In December 2015, Zijin agreed to invest US$412 million to acquire an interest in the Kamoa-Kakula Project. Ivanhoe and Zijin now each hold a 39.6% interest in the project and the DRC government has a 20% stake.
o Ivanhoe’s third development project, also in the DRC, is the extensive upgrading of the historic Kipushi Mine, which originally began production in 1924 and is recognized as one of the world’s richest former zinc-copper producers. A January 2016 independent Mineral Resources estimate reported that Kipushi’s zinc grades of 35% are more than twice as high as the world’s next-highest-grade zinc project. Kipushi, with 68% owned by Ivanhoe and 32% by state-owned Gécamines, is projected to become one of the world’s 10 largest zinc producers after it resumes production.
- Chris Gaffney –President of EverBank World Markets®, a division of EverBank.
- Aaron Stevenson – An EverBank World Markets® Account Executive since 2009, involved with the EverBank group of companies since 2007.
- Sean Roosen – Chair of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of Osisko Gold Royalties since June 2014. He grew this company from the depths of the global bear market in gold – and amassed an impressive 15 million ounces of gold for investors in just a few months.
- Randy Smallwood – A founding member of Silver Wheaton—one of the largest and most profitable precious metal companies in the world.
And on top of all that… there’s Vancouver.
One of the Best Cities in the World!
|Condé Nast Traveler lists Vancouver as #6 on their 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards survey for The Best Cities in the World (outside the U.S.)|
“Seaport Vancouver has a competitive and creative arts scene, rugged natural beauty, and no shortage of things to do. As one of Canada’s most ethnically diverse cities, it’s also one of the country’s best food cities”
As a Symposium attendee, we’ve arranged for you to receive a significant discount on your stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. You can claim this discount today when you reserve your ticket to the 2017 Sprott Natural Resources Symposium.
And it gets even better! Due to our unique relationship with the Fairmont, we can offer you this same special rate for a total of six additional days – three days both before and after the event.
Why wait? Make Vancouver your summer wonderland vacation this year!
This west coast city in British Columbia boasts a vibrant, happening culture … a bountiful “platter” of diverse ethnic restaurants … plus a lively cosmopolitan population. Vancouver offers a myriad of attractions, golden beaches, refreshing water activities and “fun in the sun” for everyone.From the moment you land, you can feel the energy and excitement – from heart-pumping zip lining, exotic marine life, seaplane adventures, challenging hikes and romantic dinner cruises – Vancouver truly has it all!
And, if you love history and the classic elegance that goes with it, you’re sure to enjoy our host hotel, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Located right in the heart of the city – surrounded by fabulous restaurants, shops galore, museums, art galleries and more – it’s an easy walk to everything. Or if walking isn’t your preference, public transport is top notch and many stops are within minutes of the hotel.
Here are just a few of my favorite attractions and activities:
Stanley Park – We love the Par 3 Golf! You can take a horse and buggy ride or trolley, or bicycle along the seawall. It’s a wonderful ride.This is one of the city’s main tourist destinations featuring lovely beaches, miles of well-maintained trails, Canada’s largest aquarium… and much more.
Grouse Mountain – Zipline through lush forests and experience some of the most jaw-dropping scenery in British Columbia.Test yourself with the Grouse Grind, a challenging hike up the face of Grouse Mountain or ride the Grouse Mountain Gondola, 3,700 feet high above the city with gorgeous views of the Pacific, Gulf Islands and surrounding mountains.
Capilano Suspension Bridge – A Vancouver landmark, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park offers an all-encompassing BC experience, delighting visitors since 1889 with history, culture and nature presented in unique and thrilling ways.This is a fantastic journey featuring picturesque views, rainforest, interesting exhibits, and native carvers at work.
Granville Island – Visit this historic and magical island, a peninsula and shopping district that’s a hidden gem for local chefs, live music fans, and families. Located across False Creek from downtown.
Whale Watching – Truly an awe-inspiring experience! Gets you up close and personal with Vancouver’s amazing marine life.
Tours focus on Southern Resident Killer Whales, Transient Killer Whales, majestic Humpback whales, and other marine wildlife such as porpoises, sea lions, seals and bald eagles.
There is simply no denying that Vancouver is one of North America’s most attractive cities. And, as I mentioned above, this is just a small sampling of the amazing experiences available to you in Vancouver.
Whether you’re a thrill seeker or an active senior or a family looking for adventure, this city has something for everyone.
Are you ready to experience one of the world’s best cities… AND one of the year’s top conferences?
It couldn’t be easier. Simply contact Opportunity Travel today by phone at +800 926 6575 or +561 243 6276, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be able to book your Symposium ticket and air travel all at once! At the same time, we’ll tell you how to claim the discounted rate on your hotel stay.
Save $300 on your ticket…
Tickets at the door on July 25, 2017 will be $899. But right now while we’re still finalizing arrangements, you can cash in on our early registration discount and you’ll pay only $599 per person!(Note: this rate is subject to change at any time.)
If you’re looking to get up to speed on the best-in-class resource opportunities from the industry’s top experts, this event is for you.
Visit Our Website for Symposium details or call me at 1-800-926-6575 or 561 243 6276.
Our experienced travel specialists will be happy to work with you to create an ideal vacation and help you get the most out of your Symposium experience.
We can also book your pre or post tours – Alaska cruises, visits to Victoria, or a Canadian Rockies train vacation to must-see destinations like Banff, Jasper National Park, and Lake Louise.Have something else in mind? Just ask us.
Call today! Please be sure to tell us if you’re an elite member of one of the financial publications – you will receive an additional $100 off.
I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to meeting you this July 25-28 in the breathtaking city of Vancouver.
My warmest wishes to those of you celebrating the Easter and Passover holidays,
Barbara Perriello, Conference Director
Opportunity TravelP.S. To get you prepared for the 2017 Sprott Natural Resource Symposium, we have a special bonus for you! When you reserve your seat, we’ll send you a complimentary online access pass to the 2016 MP3 recordings from last year’s sold-out event. We had a ton of great content on the gold and natural resource markets and you can have it all right at your fingertips.
Claim Your Discount & Your Bonus! Contact Michelle Sedita or Barbara Perriello at Opportunity Travel today by calling +800-926-6575 or 561-243-6276, or send us an e-mail.
P.P.S. To learn more about Opportunity Travel, please ‘like’ our Facebook page and stay informed with our travel tips and destination news. And while you’re on Facebook, don’t miss out on updates to the 2017 Sprott Natural Resource Symposium.
2017 Natural Resource Symposium
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver • July 25-28, 2017Once again Sprott Media and Rick Rule will be hosting the 2017 Natural Resource Symposium at the landmark Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, in the heart of this vibrant and attractive city.
Our distinguished speakers and a wide panel of investors, experts, millionaires – and even billionaires – will share their best ideas about how you can profit from what may be the greatest opportunities of this decade.
If the 2016 sold-out conference is any indication, we certainly don’t want you to miss the next one.
Rick Rule will be on hand throughout this special event … and he’ll show you how to take full advantage of the current market. This is your chance to “rub shoulders” and discover unique investment ideas with the world’s finest thinkers in natural resources, economics, and investing.
Get more details here.
Take advantage of our early booking price! Don’t delay. Call today to reserve your spot: 1-800-926-6575 or 1-561-243-6276 or simply drop us an email: email@example.com.
For more information about our tours or conferences, please contact, Barbara Perriello or Michelle Sedita at Opportunity Travel by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +561.243.6276 or toll-free at +800.926.6575.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized investment advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized investment advice. In the interest of full disclosure: Opportunity Travel may receive commissions from any property sales made during any of its trips. And, as a travel agency, we often receive a commission from hotels when we book rooms for our tours and conferences.